Wednesday 11 November 2015

“Happy Diwali Ariba”

It was like another monotonous day till I woke up from my siesta at 6:45 PM. With partial opened eyes, I extended my arm to reach to my mobile (kept on the right side) and saw a miscall and two whatsapp messages from my ex-colleague but existing friend Ankit.

The messages read:

aribasaeed91@gmail.com, is this your email id?”
“Yaar phone toh utha liya karo” (Buddy accept the call atleast)

It was definitely not my email address, thus in next 15mins I dragged myself out from bed, washed my face, prepared green tea for self and sat back to give a call back to my now entrepreneur friend Ankit.

“Hi…Ankit! Kaise ho?” (Hi Ankit! How are you?)
“Ankit?”
“Ankit?”
“Ankit?”

There was pin drop silence on the other end. Considering it a network problem I disconnected the call but Vodafone didn’t forget to charge me for a blank call.

Called him again in next second and this time I could hear a voice from the other end of the phone.

After leg pulling from both sides of the call, Ankit asked me the same question, is aribasaeed91@gmail.com my email account? I simply refused and told him, of all email ids I use this has never been one.

Ankit- Yaar mujhe issey messages aa rahe the (Buddy I was receiving messages from this)
I– Kaise messages? (What type of messages?)
Ankit- Yaar it has some of your information, toh meine soocha bata doon. (Buddy it has some of your information, so I thought of letting you know)

I got chocked by the words of Ankit. Who could create an account on my name and send my info to people I know?

My heart rate amplified, brain started running in every wrong direction.
Is it an ex?
A psycho lover?
Someone I rejected recently?

My immediate question to Ankit was ‘What kind of information?’. He couldn’t answer that, which panicked me more.

What made him not answer that? Is there something he shouldn’t have read or seen?

I tried to answer that myself with a calming tone, “Is it some kind of spam?”

He told me that he has hacked the account and I should check it by myself. He provided me the login details and as I entered in the gmail account I promptly clicked on the sent folder to check what information of mine is being distributed.

There were no sent mails. (May be the person has deleted it to dispose every evidence if caught?)

Ankit -“ Dekha mail?” (Did you see the mail?)
I– Kaunsa mail? (Which mail) There is one from you which says Happy Diwali Ariba
Ankit- Yeah! Open that.

The mail read:

“Hello Ariba,
Thanks for opening this mail.
Please visit http://aribasaeed.com”

I right away clicked on the link, although the picture was clear to me seeing aribasaeed.com. But all the guessing failed and I busted into a giant laughter.

“Ankit beta (child) this is not even working. It’s saying the server not found”

Then, with a dumbfound giggle Ankit directed me to type www. instead of http:// and bull’s-eye! It worked.


It was my blog with my domain with a perfect theme to suit my personality. I mockingly said to ankit, “Iski kya zarurat thi?” (What was its need?). And he replied “Diwali gift to banta hai”.

Happy Diwali Ankit!





No comments:

Post a Comment