Saturday 14 November 2015

Blocked nose, sore throat and pimpled face on a date


When season takes a turn (either left or right), my immune system takes a turn along and leave me with a blocked nose and a sore throat.  However, throughout the year my situation is not much different as that’s the price you ought to pay to live in the most polluted city of the world. 

Amidst home remedies and allopathic medicines (for blocked nose and sore throat), my skin gave birth to ‘few’ bright red chubby pimples which in few days advanced into ‘some’ pimples.

The situation couldn’t be worst when your long time crush, who just landed back to India after completing his Masters from abroad, asks you out for a date. 


Date with this gentleman is actually like a dream come true especially when your friends had their eyes on him too. His 6 feet height, broad shoulders (No I’m not a pervert) and polite gestures could make any girl go on her knees. Also, his ‘not fake’ American accent should not be excluded from his charming personality.

So now with a blocked nose, sore throat and a pimpled face I had to get ready for a much daydreamed date, for which denial was never an option.

It was a brunch date and the time finalized for it was 12 noon. So a night before the date, I had done my time calculation, according to which:

8:00 am- Wake up
8:30 am: Breakfast (Just 2 Nutri choice biscuits as I didn’t wanted to look bloated)
9:00 am: Bath (with fragrance added to water)
9:30 am: Try different dresses
10:00 am: Iron the finalized dress
10:05am: Start dressing up
11:00 am: Leave the house

By following my time table, I left home at exact 11 am. I had decided not to go by metro as so much hush posh would ruin my hairstyle, so boarded an auto.

While sitting in the auto I took out my mobile from my Louis Vuitton handbag (Am I sounding cheesy?), that’s when I realized I’ve forgot to keep my nasal drops. Without my nasal drops I sound like Himesh Reshammiya singing “Ooo Suroooor”.

The effect of my nasal drops not last more than 2-3 hours when I’m suffering from severe blocked nose problem. As I poured those drops to my congested nostrils around 10:00 am, I could only pray to have their little prolonged effect.

The auto might have travelled merely 2-3kms when it started raining heavily (God knows from where).

My heart popped to my sore throat by witnessing the droplets making their way inside the auto and precisely over me.  Until I reached my destination my clothes and my partial hair had wetted, but the rain was still on.

It was time to step out from the auto and face the world. To take a shelter it was a 50 meters walk which I did and it worsened my appearance and my nose and throat too.

Now my makeup has washed away and my throat started getting cramps but I couldn’t do anything about it but just to fasten my steps to reach the restaurant.

Finally! I stepped in the restaurant at 12:05 and to my surprise he was already comfortably sited there.

He: Hey! Here!
I: Hi…. Sorry I got late. You know about the traffic then this bloody rain.
He: No! No! That’s okay. I think you should freshen up in the washroom first.
I: Yeah! Yeah! Thanks (with a grin)

When he asked me to go the washroom, I got a bit uncomfortable as I wasn’t sure what exactly he wants me to do in the washroom.

I did what he asked me and burst into tears seeing my pathetic look in the mirror. But soon I used my Gemini mind and dried my hair under hand dryer, drained out excessive rainwater from my clothes, blown my nose, coughed 2-3 times to clear my throat and moved out of the washroom.

He welcomed me again with a smile and started reminiscing our collage days. He blatantly reminded me how fat I was during collage and used to flaunt my fake accent in broken English. I embarrassingly laughed on all his jokes at me and had already realized that this date would be the first and the last date with him.

I gulped the coffee, ignored the cheese sandwich and indicated him that I need to go now. 

When we left the restaurant and I was about to whirl to my way home, he grasped my hand and looked straight to my eyes, and said, “Did I tell you I used to find you cute?”

I said, “No”.

“Did I tell you, you looked quite hot today?”

 I said, “No”

“Then we should definitely meet at dinner someday”

“I’ll let you know”, I replied with a smug (while slipping back my hand from his hand) and hopped in excitement just to land with bums directed to the slippery floor.


Luckily by then he had turned around and walked away. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment