Thursday 19 November 2015

Age shouldn’t define heroic acts: A 12 year Old’s glory

My, too good to be true dream of shopping on London streets abruptly got interrupted by the raucous declaration of a girl.

While lying subconsciously around 7 am, I heard an incident which first anguished me but later beamed me with pride.

As the wall of my room is so much allied to the lane that usually when a cart puller passes by it gives me mild jiggles similar to an earthquake of 5 magnitudes, I could easily hear the incident with my closed eyes and opened ears.

The first voice which reached to my ear-holes was of a girl, who not sounded more than 12 in age so I believe she must be between 10-12 years. She was accusing a boy of physically harassing a younger girl.

She told, “Uncle, this guy harasses little girls sited in the rickshaw while the rickshaw puller is away to pick up other kids from their homes.” 

“I’ve seen him several times coming closer to minor girls”, she alleged further.

http://yp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/96648/third-child-molestation-victim-three-months-kowloon-city-district

Till then the image of the scene had been drawn in my mind. The picture had 4 major characters, first the courageous girl who was accusing the boy of physical harassment, second the man to whom the 12 year old was addressing her problem, third the little girl who unknowingly went through this torture, and fourth that child molester.

The determined 12 year old must be a regular passerby school girl who repeatedly witnessed this filthy act and ultimately decided to take up the matter.

As there are 2-3 MCD schools in my area, I presume that the rickshaw carrying children must be of one of those schools. Because using rickshaw for transport clearly indicates that you don’t have to commute too far.

After listening the fuming young girl, the man orderly asked the boy “Yes you brat? Who are you? What were you doing here? Why do you try to talk to nursery girls?”

By the voice of that man I could picture him as an average built 40 something man who possesses all the qualities of qualifying for UP police. Do I need to provide a quintessential of a UP Policeman?  I’m sure NOT.

“No! No! I was just…. ”, the lad replied fearfully.

On hearing the words of that pedophile, I could categorically guess his age. He must be around 16-19 years because that’s when biologically the voice of a boy starts changing into the voice of a man. Thereupon, late teenage boys sound mildly husky which make their tone peculiar.

“Uncle, he everyday does this”, the daring 12 year old girl aggregated.  

“No! No! I wouldn’t do it again. Sorry! Sorry! ”, the boy pleaded with trembling tongue.
The victim didn’t uttered a word which left me with an assumption that she must be under 5 and due to an unfortunate trap might have got numb.

The last words were of the middle aged man who threatened the young molester to not to be seen anywhere around, else he wouldn’t be spared from a third degree treatment.

http://urbanologymag.com/?p=1639 

Following to it, everything returned to silence but it left my mind disturbed. After that I couldn’t sleep unconsciously. A volcano had developed in me against men; their lust sees no bar. But then, merely accusing men in child sexual abuse cases would not be fair as many women have been caught too for this obscene crime.

It’s the liability of parents to be watchful around the clock and not to trust anyone with their kids.

Why parents don’t stay more agile about the safety of their children?

Why don’t they drop their children to school themselves?

With a calm mind I realized it’s not practically possible for the parents to be 24/7 present in the company of their children. So, how one can prevent their children from becoming a prey by the hands of sexual hunters?

I came across few articles which I found knowledgeable and applicable. By implementing the mentioned preventions, I think we can save our future generation from pedophiles.





On the other hand, the incident enforced me to see the flip-side of the coin in which a merely 12 year old minor stood for a 4 year old girl. The 12 year old could easily be dreaded for her life but the lionhearted girl confronted the offender in the absence of any known adult.

Her gutsiest step filled my heart with pride and reassured my faith in feminism and humanity. 

3 comments:

  1. I respect that girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect that girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog post. And, I share your feeling.

      Delete